What is Nokia thinking by pasting these ads all over Karachi and thinking it will generate sales
The ad is doomed to fail in Karachi and here’s my thoughts on it
- The Font on the screen is way too big and many people has already asked is it the font size on E72 and I’ve to say no but with Font Magnifier you can enlarge the fonts although it’s not being used on the phone in this ad
- The matter on the right is only on the print ad not on the Bill Boards but still who reads all that and
- Why Nokia has E63 and E52 along with E72 , which phone they are trying to sell ?? and if they are trying to sell Nokia Messaging , please show it to me .
- “ The right words sent at the Right Time can Change Everything “ , what this caption means is it a text device or an email device , there is Gmail written on the top Right corner of the ad but it does not look like Nokia messaging .
- At the bottom in small and almost invisible on Billboard are mentioned OVI , GMAIL , Cybernet ( Local Pakistan ISP ) and Windows Live. Again what’s the use of all this when it makes no sense
We believe that ripping apart an advertising is easy but making it better is difficult and Making a new one is even harder
So we’ll go for the hardest part and here are some Sense Applied proposed Captions and writeups , none of us at Sense Applied are graphics expert so sorry no visuals for now
We think the main competitor of E72 in Pakistan is Blackberry which now being offered by all cellular service providers and is in use by many corporate and causal users so we thought on taking BlackBerry head on
Theme : Cost Cutting
Caption : Cut the B [I] S ( to look more like BS ) cost , Save Rs 11,700 annually with email solution on Nokia E72 ( in small font - based on current BIS and unlimited GPRS rate )
Writeup and Explanation : To be posted near major financial centers and offices , with a silhouette of Blackberry under the B I S with BS more prominent . With current BIS subsctiption rates at Rs 1250 per month and unlimited Data rate at Rs 500 per month , the saving is Rs 750 per month X 12 X 30 % tax
Theme : Ease of Use
Caption : Plug and Play Email /
1 ,2 3 , You’ve got mail /
Start Your E72 , Start Messaging , Enter User Name and Password Press Next and You’ve got Mail ( in large Bullet Points )
Writeup : Show the ease of use and out of box email setup on Nokia E72 , no need to subscribe to BIS services and wait for it to get activated , just plugin the SIM and get going .
Theme : Any network Access
Caption : Any Network - Your Email Delivered
Writeup : Show a number of SIM Cards spread around the E72 , with BB Services the user is bound to use one network unless have services activated on all SIMS with E72 and Nokia Messaging all user requires is data access to get email no matter which SIM or network is being used .
Theme : International Data Cost Cutting
Caption : Afraid of Data Roaming Charges - Access your email on any local SIM where ever you are
Writeup : to be placed at Airport International Departure lounges or on way to the Airport - International Data Charges are a major expense for a BB user who wants to have access to email while on the move . With no other solution than to have use the local Cellular on Data Roaming thus incurring budget breaking charges with Nokia E72 , they can use the local SIM and local data network to have access to emails . The Billboard should have a number of Interntional SIMs from Etisalat to ATT to VodaPhone to Idea and Rogers .
Theme : Hit Blackberry on Features
Captions : 262 K or 16 Million - Let your eyes do the math ( Hitting on Blackberry’s 262K screen as compared to Nokia’s 16 million color screen )
Get Access to your PC and dedicated 10 GB Secure Online Storage - OVI FIles on E72 with Blackberry silhouette going HUH ?
Leave the Ball to Kids , It’s all about Touch - Nokia E72 now with Optical Navi Key ( With pics of Enlarged Navi key and BB Ball weeping / getting hit in a corner )
Enhanced productivity - OVI Store on E72 ( BB Still has to launch their APP Store for Pakistan )
Free Drive / Walk Navigation License included with every E72 – Pakistan soon to be covered .
These were a few captions which SenseApplied thought of , what do you think will they work for Nokia in Pakistan or not , do inform us in comments