Nokia talked about the major update to N9 a couple of weeks ago and behold here it is today.
The version 20.2011.40-4 aka PR 1.1 is some 218.6 MB and brings improvements to
- NFC Tag reader to interact with NFC Tags.
- Better Multitasking.
- Improved memory management.
- Lock Screen Music Controls
- Color Filters to Photo and Videos
- Faster MfE sync
- Better Noise Cancellation
- New Charging and Calendar Indicators in Standby Screen
- Default – Close Apps with Swipe Down
- Improvements to Twitter , Store (Nokia) and other default applications
Remember you cannot connect Nokia N9 to Nokia Suite for update , it is offered OTA (Over The Air) and is better to be downloaded via WiFi as opposed to 3G . Update notifications will be given by the phone when available or you can also go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Updates to check if update for your region is available.
As with all updates it’s advised to make a backup through Nokia Link .