With the possibility of Nokia launching the Z500 Tablet powered by MeeGo , we ask ourselves will consumers go for it or they will be taken away by all the tablets available in the market .
First let us make clear Nokia is not new in the Tablet market , it’s first mini tablet was launched in November 2005 which later on converged to N800 followed by N810 complete with keyboard , GPS and in a particular model WiMax.
Where Nokia lacks in front of it’ competitors especially the iPad is in terms of Apps . Nokia is betting upon it’s QT platform that it will enable developers to make Applications for a ‘Nokia’ device and be able to sell it for both Symbian phones and MeeGo based devices from tablets to car infotainment systems etc.
With the Z500 , a possible 7 – 9 inch tablet , Nokia has to ensure that all the bugs are ironed out before the launch as the market is unforgiving , one glitch and everyone will be after Nokia with their Apple pick axes.
Nokia has to ensure the device has a good responsive touch screen . Nokia has made major progress in their touch technology on N8 and should play on that for the Z500.
The device should have
- a good camera , using a Carl Zeiss lens will be a good bet with minimum 5 MP resolution.
- A front camera for Video Chat
- Support for various IM and Internet Telephony applications
- DiVX and MKv Video codecs
- At least 32GB of built-in memory with SD Card options
- On Screen Haptic Keyboard
- Connectivity support for Penta Band Cellular , WiFi N , BT 3.0 , maybe WiFi Direct.
- A dual core ARM processor preferable the Cortex – A9 running at 2GHZ on Dual Core.
After all the hardware specs are met , Nokia we want Apps , no matter what you do with developers , offer everyone a Yellow Lamborghini if you have to but get professional apps on the tablet from AutoDesk to Adobe get them all onboard and that will make your tablet a success
Last but not the least we want Z500 to cost less than USD 500/- and surely we will get one for ourselves
Do you have any more suggestions for Nokia Z500 , do let us know in comments