Yeah folks , we are not always about Nokia and occasional Android , Sense Applied HQ also has a Blackberry 9700 in store for which we had been desperately waiting to get a OS 6 upgrade.
First a warning , this is a ‘leaked’ firmware so upgrade at your own risk , we are not responsible for any data loss or damage to your device.
The folks at Crackberry have posted the leaked version of Blackberry OS 6 for Bold 2 aka 9700 and we have made it simpler to install ( after almost killing our device twice )
The step by step instructions are easy to follow
1) Download Blackberry OS 6 from any of these sites ( Courtesy Crackberry)
Download BlackBerry 18.104.22.1684 for the BlackBerry Bold 9700
2) Run the downloaded program and make a backup through Blackberry Desktop software
3) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files \ Research in Motion \ Apploader
4) Scroll down and delete Vendor.xml
5) Scroll up on the same directory and run App Loader – we prefer not to have any other application running on computer as multi tasking caused errors on our netbook
6) Follow instructions on the screen
7) In about 10 min you will have Blackberry OS6 on your Bold 2 / Blackberry 9700
How we find it , well we just upgraded ours so it will take some time to post our reviews
If you face any problems , leave us a comment and we will try our best to solve it for you