Many users all over the world using BlackBerry 9700 aka Bold 2 or BlackBerry 9300 , are still waiting for their respective operators to launch OS6 . Some operators around the world has already done so and their files are available online to install on your own BlackBerry .
Vodafone Germany is one of the carriers which has already launched the OS6 upgrade for their users and have ‘conveniently’ put it online for others to access it . The upgrade process is fairly simple .
2) It will be some 174 MB sized download
3) connect your Blackberry 9700 / 9300 to the PC
4) Run the application
5) On my 64 bit Win 7 system it took a bit to launch but in couple of min the application started working
6) Backup you Blackberry and let the application install
7) In about 30 min your Blackberry will be upgraded to OS 184.108.40.2068
Just a word of caution , I’ve installed the software on an unlocked Blackberry 9700 without any problems , this tutorial is for information purpose only and every action you take is on your own risk P.S , if you screw it up , you can always downgrade to your official carrier’s firmware from BlackBerry Site